Thursday, April 2, 2009

Unplugged.

So, yesterday I spent the day without my computer. It was really nice. I didn't do anything productive with all that extra time, but there was something powerful about not even coming in this room. I didn't have to check my email; I didn't look to see what updates Facebook had; I didn't check on the shipping for something I'd ordered; I didn't look to see what my blogger friends had to say; I didn't Tweet even once... I simply stayed away. I think there is something very healthy in that for me. Next time I do it, I'm going to have a plan for all that extra time.

3 comments:

Melanie said...

I did that too, but by about 5:00 I had at least two angry calls from people who wanted to know if I was dead because I had not answered an email. I guess that is so far outside of my norm, they thought something was wrong. It is nice to tell yourself NO to the computer every now and then. I think I'm going to start doing it about once a week during the work week just to give myself some peace.

Belle (from Life of a...) said...

I'm trying to do that some as well, which is another reason I'm not picking up on the Twitter craze.

Nancy Pants said...

But it is sooo nice to just do nothing with extra time... every no and then. ;)
Have a great weekend sweets!