Just be still.
As I pulled Little One out of his playpen this morning and brought him close to me, he laid his head on my shoulder and didn't move for what seemed like a whole minute. I felt my heart melt. I'm not kidding. I felt a physical response to him just being still so that I could love on him. That brought this thought to me: That sometimes God wants us to just be still. Be still so that He can love on us for just a minute. Be still so that He can wrap us up in His warmth. Be still so that He can breathe life over us. So, today, in all your hurried moments, take just one minute (set a timer if you have to) and be still. Let yourself be aware of Him being there with you. May His heart of pure, un-deserved love be tangible to you.
Just be still.
Thursday, January 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment