Saturday, January 10, 2009
You Get What You Pay For.
Ok. So, yesterday I was going to post a blog with this same title and what's cool is that as I was thinking it through, I had a revelation of sorts. It all started with the realization a few weeks ago that I couldn't justify the $$$ I was spending on getting my hair cut. I really like the way this girl cuts it, but since I'm getting to stay home with Little One there have been trade-offs. So, yesterday I went to get my hair cut here in town and it cost $12.95 and took the guy less than ten minutes to undo all the cool angles that my hair had and give me a very round (to accentuate, I can only assume, my very round face and very round body) haircut. Anyway, I wanted to post yesterday with the title, "You Get What You Pay For" and write about how much better my $$$ haircuts are than the one I have right now when I believe God reminded me that it is true - that I'm going to get what I pay for. The truth is that every decision that I make, every trade-off that is made that lets me be home with Little One is my "payment" for the opportunity and privilege I have of being Little One's momma and getting to be home with him. So, I'm leaving this post with a completely different attitude today than I would have had yesterday. I'm going to have invested much in Little One and I'm going to reap the benefits of that investment for the rest of my life. And if you see me and think to yourself, "Man, she used to have such cool hair," you can remember that I'm going to get what I paid for.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Dear Kelly,
You are a wise woman and you got the BEST bargain. Blessings to you and your little one, who won't care what your hair looks like, but will care that you are there! :)
Post a Comment