Just so you know, part of the fun of blogging for me is coming up with titles that really cut right through the hooey and tell the truth... and then later make me wonder what topic the post actually contains.
Anyway... here is the scoop:
Sometimes I'm still afraid that if I do what I believe God wants me to do that I might end up being weird.
Now, the crazy thing in this is that EVERY time I've done what I know God has asked me to do, it has ended up being so great that I couldn't give a flying woohoo (different from hooey) what anyone thought because it really was exactly what I didn't even know I wanted.
So, I'm just wondering why I have to even wrestle with thoughts of what others think. It seems so silly in light of the overwhelming joy I know will come when I walk in the path He is laying out before me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I know exactly what you mean. Well said.
Just be you and know that it's not about you, it's about the other person and whatever is going on with him/her.
There is a proverb where someone insulted the Buddha, and he asked the man, "If you gave me a gift and I did not accept it, who would it belong to?"
The man answered, "Well, I guess it would be mine."
"Then your words are yours as well," the Buddha told him, "as I choose not to accept them."
Although we are not of the same faith, I hope you can gain some peace from this parable. I have a blog troll, and I get what you are saying. I am pretty thin-skinned too, but you seem like a woman in the process of growth, so forget the haters, sugar. Namaste.
Post a Comment