Wednesday, June 17, 2009

And It Became a Blog Post

I was responding to my friend, Mel's, blog when I realized I had just about typed enough for a respectable post. I didn't think I wanted to share this oh-so-disgusting story, but since I've been a major blog-slacker lately, I thought anything was better than nothing... So here is my response to her post in it's original form...

I was just about to blog about the "pet" frog who had taken up residence in our newly-landscaped front yard. He would be out on our porch every evening. He was huge.

Well, Mr. & I got home from Mom and Dad's one night and I said to Mr., "Wonder where Frog is?" and looked over just in time to see the back half of a frog squished and his little head bobbed up and down in complete agony. In my very prego state, I thought I was going to lose it. I'm feeling sick to my stomach just typing this out. Well, I obviously don't want to blog about the almost pet we had before I ran over his back half. I can't get the image of his little head bobbing up and down... Oh, and Mr., when he went to get the shovel to get the frog off my driveway, thwacked him in the head twice to put him out of his misery. I was so disturbed. I know that was a merciful thing to do, but I was thinking that maybe Mr. could have waited until the frog was over in the field rather than further squishing him on my driveway. Ew.

Anyway, point is here that I don't think we're a good match for random pets either. I maintain my cat because he really doesn't need me.

3 comments:

Melanie said...

I'm so sorry about your frog! I know how devastating it is to lose our little creatures of nature that bless us with their appearances at our homes. I have a new toad in the back yard and he visits me every evening I'm out back. I've heard that toads and frogs keep slugs away, so I am all for that!

Cambria said...

HeeHee
Our 'cartoons'(raccoons) and 'ow-wul' (owl) keep us pretty entertained here :)

Angela said...

We have a new "pet" on our porch every night that I will be posting about soon. Good news is our is still alive. Although with as many times as he has accidentally scared me, he may end up accidentally dying. They need to be very very careful! I like him for now since he is eating the bugs! Sorry yours had a tragic ending!