Friday, June 19, 2009

At Exactly the Right Time.

I just left Little One's room where he is still sleeping soundly. His little hands are tucked up under his chin and I am melted on the inside. The thought whipped through my mind that if I had known how sweet, how precious this motherhood thing was, that I would have done it years ago - and immediately I realized how untrue that was. You see, I am not the same person even that Mr. Favorite married six years ago. My heart has been transformed over and over into a generous and kind one that wears the cloak of motherhood well. Years ago, this person would not have made as good of a mother and would not have been so patient and would not have understood just how powerful peace is in the making of a home. I love my sweet little life and understand that God gave me this gift of motherhood through the birth of Little One at exactly the right time.

Edited to add: Oh! I just noticed that I have a new follower! Welcome AvonLady! I think you're my first follower who I don't actually know in real life! I feel honored to have you along for the ride. And to those of you who have said, "Oh, I read your blog all the time" and are still not following, why not click a few links and make my day?! I'm SO not about manipulation, though, so if you're feeling that way, don't. It certainly isn't intended!

2 comments:

Kim said...

I know! I get messages all the time from people telling me they love my blog and read it all the time, but I still only have 4 followers! I do write it for me, but it is nice to know when people are reading it.

And you are so right about the perfect timing thing! God knows what's best for our little ones, and prepares the way for them. So happy you're enjoying life-

Chelley N said...

I have thought about this often. I feel like God is continually refining me and preparing me for role of motherhood that I so desperately wish to carry someday.

How blessed we are that our Father is willing to patiently shape and mold us into the people we need to be!