Thursday, March 10, 2011

The Penny Story

I remembered this the other day and thought it worthy of sharing...

Several years ago, I had taken a nap (completely irrelevant, but I'm not sure how else to start this story). As I got out of bed, I saw a penny on the bedside table that was gross with gunk and even a little misshaped because it was dented. I was surprised just how yuck I thought it was, but the Lord immediately spoke something really cool to my heart. I heard two things about how God loves us. The first was that no matter how much gunk and gross stuff or even how dented and bruised we are, none of that changes 1. the value we hold or 2. the purpose for which we were created.

So if you're feeling less than perfect today...

If you're feeling unworthy today...

If you're hearing that you've got too much gunk...

If you're hearing that your dents and bruises are too damaging...

Hear what God says about you: Ephesians 2:10 says

For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago.


No matter what you've been through - whether by your choice or someone else's - God says you're His masterpiece and He has provided a way through Christ Jesus for you to become new.

The value you hold and the purpose for which you were created has not changed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well said. I totally agree, but it's always good to have a reminder. --Mel

Creatively Content said...

Dear sweet Kelly..two things THANK you for the song. I think I will be listening to it over and over for a bit. Also your thoughtful relflections of your life and who you are, are delightful. I look forward to popping in and reading along.

Creatively Content said...

Kelly, First off thank you so much for your comment on my blog with the song. I really enjoyed it and I have a feeling it will be listening to over and over for a bit. :) 2nd your blog is a beautfiul taste of you. I have always been inspired by you and your depth and sweetness. I am glad to have found your blog to read about you from time to time. Much care dear freind from afar.