Thursday, July 7, 2011

Book Review: A Place Called Blessing by John Trent, PhD and Annette Smith

Here is another review for a book I've enjoyed from www.booksneeze.com.

A Place Called Blessing by John Trent, PhD with Annette Smith is a simple, yet powerful narrative of a young man’s journey from hurt and abandonment through love to healing. Through tragedy that was not his fault, the boy took on guilt and shame that plagued him throughout his teen years and threatened to blacken the rest of his life. Circumstances led him as a young adult into a friendship with a woman and her son who showed him what genuine kindness, trust, and love can be like. The story even has a bit of a twist that adds to the depth of the characters.

I liked the book very much. I had it finished in a little over a day as it is an enjoyable and easy read even though the underlying message is very compelling. I found myself wanting to know what would happen next and turning page after page. The author does a great job weaving the characters’ lives together in a believable manner as well as maintaining the integrity of the story line. I would absolutely recommend this sweet little novel to friends who enjoy reading fiction - especially fiction with a moral to the story.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

You're back! I've been gone from the blog world for nearly 2 weeks, and I peek at my page and see a post from you! It was the first I read in over 10 days. I may have to locate this little book if I ever get a minute to read again!