You can go see just how fun she is right here at her blog (she's got the second most beautiful couple of boys - mine being numero uno). Apparently she thinks I'm fabulous and wants to know more about me.
The "Rules":
- Post the rules on your blog.
- Name five of your most fabulous moments, either in real life or in the blogosphere.
- Name five things you love.
- Name five things you hate.
- Pass the Ribbon on to five other bloggers. (Leave them a comment to notify them of this.)
1. Done. There are the rules. See. Right there. Just above this part.
2. My five most fabulous moments:
1. The first that comes to mind is the first time I realized that my love and what I felt toward my newborn baby transcended anything else and that I felt it physically in my chest. It felt like pain and warmth together and in that moment I knew I would forever be ruined.2. Second only because it was my next thought - When I realized Mr. Favorite was committed to me beyond what I deserved and in spite of what I had done to "test" him.
3. When I found grace... not the version that comes with high judgment (that's not really grace anyway), but the kind that I'm learning even now - the kind that covers all... the kind that says even in my worst version of myself, that nothing can separate me from the Love of my Father God.
- Romans 8:38-39 New International Version (NIV) For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39 neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
4. The next fabulous moment that comes to mind is the day I woke up to a yard full of cellophane-wrapped diapers and wipes. It was the best baby shower EVER! My baby was almost 8 months old before I had to buy a single diaper for him. The fabulous part wasn't so much the diapers (except that it was fabulous), it was the time/effort/energy I knew had to go into making that moment happen for me.
5. I'm stuck. I can think of lots of moments, but they seem to all fit under one of the first four. If I can think of something else, I will come back.
3. Five things I love:
1. genuine friendship with God.
2. seeing people go from hurting and wounded to the true adventure and destiny for which they were designed
3. speaking light and life into situations & changing the atmosphere just by being my authentic self
4. wisdom
5. the gifts in my life (Mr. Favorite, all 3 babies, my family, my family that didn't come by blood, and the friends I've yet to meet).
4. Five things I hate:
1. I hate when people are mean or cruel to children. I get physically ill... I can no longer watch or read local news because of the onslaught of awful, awful things reported DAILY in our area that are being done to babies.
2. I hate what judgment does to a person.
3. I hate when people misrepresent me.
4. I hate when I miss opportunities.
5. I hate olives.
5. Pass the ribbon on...
Here's the truth - I don't know many of the bloggers I follow, so I'm not sending them an award. I will, however, tell you which ones I think are worth a little look-see:
1. Mel - 'cause she's funny, honest, and because her babies are beautiful.
2. Kierste - 'cause she's got beautiful photographs of stuff she does - simple and lovely all at once.
3. Joye - 'cause she's a lover of Jesus, too... and she's about to have another baby girl, so there's going to be baby pics soon.
4. Amanda - 'cause I know her and her photography is amazing (featured in national magazines kind of fabulous)
5. Rebecca - 'cause she lives with her husband and 3 kids in a nation near the Mediterranean Sea and is practicing being content.




1 comment:
See? That wasn't so hard! And I can't believe I missed people hurting kids on my hate list!!! It's probably because it's something I discuss daily because of my sister and friend's jobs, but still - the worst hatred of all. I don't even need a judicial system for those people. I could take care of them myself!
Post a Comment