There's this fun little group that gets together Monday nights at Mom and Dad's... Last week we were together for the Super Bowl (which was not on a Monday, but close). It was so fun to me. I've just downloaded Joe Cocker's "Feelin' Alright" because it was played on a commercial for NBC's shows and included a segment in which Sylar from Heroes (one of the B-Team shows we watch on Mondays while we wait for 24) lip-syncs the words "Feelin' Alright". When the commercial came on during the game we all yelled (Sylar is scary - and it's REALLY scary to see him say "Feelin' Alright") and we had to watch it again. That's part of the fun of my Mondays... I know it may seem like a stretch, but this is community... it is fellowship... it is culture... and when Jesus and his friends got together, I believe they had a good time and did fun stuff that was relevant to their culture... how else would he have built that kind of loyalty... Just sitting here thinking that I love my Mondays. Thanks to Mom, Dad, Dr. G, Mrs. G, L, JL, SJ, JR, and A for letting me be a part of community.
Oh, and after finding it on YouTube, I see that it also has Chuck on it... one of my current faves...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I love Mondays, too.
I watched this commercial yet again {twice} just to see Sylar. I heard Heroes was really good this week...Better than ever before.
Post a Comment