Since I didn't have my camera with me the first time I walked across the street (and over two lots), I had to go back to my house and get my camera and go then back. I was afraid I would forget what this looked like and that I wanted to include this in our floorplan someday. I'm convinced my neighbors spend all their time hiding behind their blinds watching me, so today the show must have been a little more interesting for them. Sunday, February 15, 2009
Neighborhood-Stalker-Crazy-Lady.
So today is apparently Open House day in my neighborhood. We've got two homes open on our street so I thought it would be fun to look through them... Anyone who knows me well knows I LOVE my home and that it was a gift/blessing from God, so it isn't that I'm discontent at all - I just like looking at new homes. Anyway.... And really, anyone who's walked through my home knows that I love the floorplan for the master closet into laundry room area... Today, I found one thing I will add to this cool floorplan when we build our dream home. I love the idea that when the kids get home from school all their stuff goes in a designated area and that every one plays along with Mom's plan (that's how it goes, right?!). Well, this first house that I walked through had an upgrade idea that incorporates it all. (I had to stitch the photos together in Photoshop so that you could see the whole thing. It is still a little wopperjawed.) When you come in from the garage, this is on your left while the washer & dryer is on the right:
Since I didn't have my camera with me the first time I walked across the street (and over two lots), I had to go back to my house and get my camera and go then back. I was afraid I would forget what this looked like and that I wanted to include this in our floorplan someday. I'm convinced my neighbors spend all their time hiding behind their blinds watching me, so today the show must have been a little more interesting for them.
Since I didn't have my camera with me the first time I walked across the street (and over two lots), I had to go back to my house and get my camera and go then back. I was afraid I would forget what this looked like and that I wanted to include this in our floorplan someday. I'm convinced my neighbors spend all their time hiding behind their blinds watching me, so today the show must have been a little more interesting for them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Hey Kelly..up north those rooms like that area are called "Mud Rooms". And they are just that. When you came in from the snow you needed a place to take off your wet shoes and outer clothes before you entered the house, and it makes sense for it to be right near the laundry. Hope I havent insulted you and you already knew this. :)
They are a fantastic idea. I would love to have one too.
I'm not insulted. :) I knew of mud rooms, but in my infatuation with this room, I couldn't see how anyone could call such a lovely place a "mud room"! :) It does make total sense, but in my head that area would always stay pretty. (I know I'm a little crazy to think that - but then again, the title did include "crazy lady"!)
We did something similar in our laundry/mud room and I LOVE it! I'm really liking their cute little hook things though, haven't seen any like that before.
Post a Comment