Monday, October 5, 2009

Overheard Conversations.

Yesterday, as Mr. Favorite was feeding Big his breakfast, I was in another room but could hear Mr. Favorite talking to Big. It was very, very sweet.... and then I heard this:

Mr. Favorite: Ok, Big. There's another baby coming and when there are two babies, you're going to be my baby because you're easier.

I'm thinking that doesn't sound like too bad of a deal for me. Little won't be mobile for a long time and Big has taken to running at full speed. I'm honestly not just real sure that I could catch him even if I wasn't 17 days from delivering this next sweet baby boy. I am really looking forward to having Little in my arms. I thought I was ready for Big, but having almost 16 months of parenting experience behind me makes me all the more confident for Little's arrival. Truth is that it is the most precious experience I've had outside of my relationship with Jesus... and I believe they're actually connected. My relationship with my Savior has created a person who is capable of truly loving - and of exhibiting patience... Without the work God has done in my heart, I know I would be a lesser mom. Without being too prideful, I am actually proud of myself in this role. I believe what James 4:6 states - that God gives grace to the humble. I have many times found that humility on my part has opened the door for God to shower his grace - his ability to continue - on me. And, as I've mentioned before, my fave verse (right now anyway) is also in James... Where in the very beginning we're encouraged that if we don't know what we're doing (and really, who honestly does?) that we can ask God for help - and not only does he help, but he doesn't condescend to us for asking. How precious to have a Father God looking out for us - willing - willing - willing to help. Love that.

No comments: