Sunday, October 18, 2009

Ready or Not.

So the week is here... I'm talking just 4 more days (I don't count the day we have to show up at the hospital at 5 a.m. - That doesn't count as a full day to me.) Anyway, my big girl panties are wearing a little thin - and you all know I'm talking about my metaphorical panties, right? Not real panties... but I digress. I told Mr. Favorite today that I feel like I've been a good sport about some pretty big deal kinds of things lately and I've not complained or been irritable. I'm proud of myself. I think a lesser woman would have thrown a fit, but I'm staying true to my belief that sometimes the only thing I get to control is my response... and as my dear friend, K, shared a few weeks ago, we wives are either building our houses up or tearing them down. I choose to make my home a peaceful place. It certainly helps that none of it is Mr. Favorite's choice nor can he make any other arrangements on these things. It just feels like I've been such a good sport for so long and I'm growing a little weary. So, as we count down the next four days, be praying for me. Ask the Lord for grace as I get ready to welcome this sweet little one to my peaceful world. I love my sweet little life.

3 comments:

Funny in My Mind said...

I just asked Mel when you were due and how you are doing! Thinking about you and hoping everything goes smoothly with the birth and new angel (and Big too!) and of course the long suffering hubby haha

Melanie said...

I am praying for you and so anxious to see how your "new" life begins and plays out. New babies are amazing in so many ways that you can't even begin to see yet! Keep us up-to-date on everything!

Joy Lin said...

Funny you specified metaphorical, not real, panties. Because, as we all know, real panties wear thin sometimes, too...