Tuesday, December 2, 2008

10 Days Later.

This year's birthday was one of the best ever - not because of any external reason - but because of the true contentment in where I am as a person. It is a little hard to explain here, but I will try. This year's birthday did not remind me of the things I still needed to finish such as college degrees (I finished my masters in June) or that I was not yet a Tulsa Run candidate, but allowed me to celebrate the pure sweetness of my life. Truly the Kingdom of God is righteousness, peace, and joy - and those are the gifts that are full in my heart this year. In a conversation with a friend today, I was talking about how grateful I am for the peace in my home. I value that above any physical gift I could be given... Not to say I wasn't given some great gifts this year - because I was... But, even in that, the gifts I was given reflect the intimacy of friendship and relationship that I enjoy with others. And in that, I am rich. Don't let the late posting belittle the value of that day. Just because it is 10 days late, I'm still glad to share what a great birthday this was for me.

For my birthday we went out to Mom and Dad's to watch 24 and it was my special request that we get to wear pajama pants. I was so all about being comfy! Here is a pic of the participants this year:

No comments: