Sunday, December 21, 2008
A Weary World Rejoices.
I can't choose a favorite. I have been singing Christmas carols to Little One and I'm overwhelmed by the truth in the lyrics. We sing these words over and over until they become comfortable. I can remember being in a Christmas parade in Tahlequah (so it would have been 1980 or so - I would have been 4 or 5 years old.). I was a part of a group of kids riding on a hay-filled, flat-bed trailer singing carols as we went along the path. I can vividly remember a moment of clarity in which the words, "Oh, Come let us adore Him" became alive to me. I felt the call in that verse - Come. Be present in this event. Come and be a part. Even now as I type, I feel the tug of that beckoning. Come, let us adore Him - the One in whose name all oppression will cease (another carol lyric). The One who brings the "thrill of hope!" It overwhelms me. Come. Adore. Come. You're invited. Come. You're welcome. Come. Be a part of this. Come.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment