This was my first year to try building a gingerbread house. I did not feel compelled to bake the pieces from scratch and really wasn't sure how to make the icing, etc. So, I decided that for this first year it was ok to get a kit. I totally felt like a cheater. I can see that people who do this without the kit are really putting a lot of time into it. I asked Favorite to do it with me. I'm trying to lure him into my DIY Advent activities slowly. Don't want to push too hard. :) Here's our little cheater house. Believe it or not, it still took quite a while to put together!
Friday, December 12, 2008
I'm a Cheater.
This was my first year to try building a gingerbread house. I did not feel compelled to bake the pieces from scratch and really wasn't sure how to make the icing, etc. So, I decided that for this first year it was ok to get a kit. I totally felt like a cheater. I can see that people who do this without the kit are really putting a lot of time into it. I asked Favorite to do it with me. I'm trying to lure him into my DIY Advent activities slowly. Don't want to push too hard. :) Here's our little cheater house. Believe it or not, it still took quite a while to put together!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Yea, Kelly! It's not cheating at all. That's the beauty of your DIY Advent...Whatever you decide to do for each day is exactly what is right. So if you say, "Today we make gingerbread houses from a kit," then making gingerbread houses from a kit is not cheating. :)
Post a Comment